New Phishing Warning (April 18)
Many users have reported receiving the following phish. If you have received the phish, do not click the link or reply to the message. If you have clicked the link, or supplied login information, change your USC password as soon as possible by going to the ITS website and clicking the link called change your password on the top menu bar.
Note several features that indicate this is a phish:
- The email lacks personalization.
- The email includes improper grammar and capitalization.
- The email contains a footer stating that “This email can’t receive replies.”
- The email includes incorrect information about USC’s student email. Up-to-date information is available at itservices.usc.edu/google.
- While this email appears to have been sent from a USC staff member, the several other phish features suggest that the From: field was spoofed in an attempt to appear legitimate.